We help you safeguard your vision for the future
What is an Estate Plan?
Think of your estate plan as your vision for the future. It paints a picture of how you want things to be if something happened to you – and you were no longer around.
The main objective of your estate plan is to provide security and certainty for the future of your family and business.
A thorough estate plan will be clear about issues such as: care and guardianship of your dependents, the distribution of your personal belongings, the control and ownership of your home, business and other assets, whilst addressing risks such as challenges to your will, creditors and even predators who may seek to gain unfair control.
Most importantly, your estate plan should provide a secure financial future for your family.
A Good Plan
With the right expertise, you can fit all the pieces of the puzzle together. A comprehensive plan can link all the financial and legal aspects and will consider all your needs.
Why do I need an Estate Plan?
Imagine the loss of a loved one and then having to face the arduous task of sorting out their legal and financial affairs, whilst dealing with pain, grief and shock. Then imagine what would happen if there was no will or if the instructions left behind failed to address all the issues.
Taking action now is crucial, for the decisions you make right now, will have the most significant impact on the state of your affairs after you are gone.
Consider the issues and make crucial decisions:
- Who will be responsible for the care and financial future of your children?
- Who will inherit your home and personal belongings?
- Would your spouse or children face any financial hardship?
- Do you have any vulnerable dependents, such as children with a drug dependency or
- What is your business structure; who will gain control or ownership of your farm, business or other assets?
- Would your business survive your demise or simply dissolve?
Eliminate possibilities and consider the risks:
- What if someone challenges your will?
- Will your decisions about who gets what, cause conflict?
- Are there any creditors or predators to consider?
We help you clearly articulate your intentions, so we can safeguard your wishes
We help you take into account all the issues and structure a formal plan to provide:
- Protection against potential conflict amongst business partners or family members.
- Real, practical choices for your spouse, children or business partner.
- A more secure financial future for your family or business.
A well-structured estate plan should make your intentions absolutely clear and safeguard against those who may seek to control your business or other assets, by taking advantage of things after you are gone.
Estate Service Process
At Succession Matters, our Estate Service is all about understanding your Estate wishes and what is most important to you when creating your legacy.
We work collaboratively with other professionals to develop a plan that accurately reflects your Estate Vision.
Estate Planning is for anyone:
– With dependants; or
– In business